Monday, January 25, 2010

Dear Talk Radio - Presidential Eligibility - The BOPAC Report

The BOPAC Report -





Talk Radio Related -



Dear Talk Radio:



This week I wrote an article, ‘Trumping Political and Judicial Courage’, that allowed me to speculate about the various reasons allegations related to Obama’s eligibility to serve as President have thus far been ignored, ridiculed, quashed, mischaracterized, and/or generally swept under the rug. My musings always came back to power, elitism and politics – and their pursuit. However, the reason I’m writing Talk Radio today touches on one specific question that I found intriguing enough to make the subtitle of my article.


Did Hope for Rising GOP Stars like Bobby Jindal Play a Role in the Obama’s Presidential Eligibility Scandal?


I know that Talk Radio’s Rush Limbaugh has made a joke or two about the subject. (What do God and Obama have in common? Neither has a birth certificate.) However, I haven’t heard Sean Hannity address the issue. Maybe he’s made a passing remark, but nothing in depth. Michael Savage is the only one that actually had Philip Berg on his radio program during the election (that I know of). Glenn Beck on the other hand has felt the need to ridicule everyone who raises the issue. Even though, it’s very clear that he and his staff have not done sufficient research or analysis regarding who can be considered a ‘natural born citizen’ under Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution.



This brings me to my question for Talk Radio. I’ve heard that many would like to see Gov. Jindal represent the Republican Party as its nominee for President in 2012. Rush brought his name up during the last election as a VP possibility. Personally I like Governor Jindal of Louisiana a lot and wish for him nothing but the best.



However, in researching my last article, I discovered that ‘Gov. Jindal was born in Louisiana in 1971 and his parents are Indian immigrants who came here to attend graduate school.’ Gov. Jindal’s father left his family village in 1970 so it’s very unlikely that he was an American citizen at the time of Bobby’s birth. As far as I can tell, having a parent who is not an American citizen at the time of one’s birth creates an impenetrable barrier to being a ‘natural born citizen’, much less having two parents who are not citizens.



Here’s my question:


Given that Article II, Section 1 of the United States Constitution states that ‘no person except a natural born citizen…shall be eligible to the office of President’… would Gov. Jindal, who was born in Louisiana, having immigrant (non-citizen) parents, be eligible to serve as President should he decide to run in 2012?


I have a legal background, but I’m retired and live very rural. So, I was wondering if Talk Radio might help me (all of us) out? It would be great if Talk Radio would invite a few people on your shows to discuss the topic. (There are additional issues such as the effect of parents having dual citizenships, 14th Amendment, etc. that would be helpful to explore.)



I know, I know – most Talk Radio may have glanced at this issue and dismissed it, have instructions from higher ups not to discuss Obama’s eligibility or maybe, they’ve been threatened, but that’s not what I’m asking. I only want you to talk about Gov. Jindal’s potential eligibility to serve as President and Commander In Chief of our Armed Forces.



If Gov. Jindal does run, this will be a critical question to answer before the 2012 Republican National Convention. And, much I would hate it; I know that many others and I will be asking these same questions and many more eligibility lawsuits will be filed.



Such a circus in 2012 would be a big mess and Talk Radio could do the country a BIG favor today! The whole Bobby Jindal eligibility issue can be defused in 2010 and therefore, allow Republicans, regular Democrats, Independents, and Tea Party folks to focus on who they like or don’t like, without fear of distraction.



If Talk Radio were really looking for answers/truth and brought in Constitutional Law experts to thoroughly explore the phrase ‘natural born citizen’, I’m sure many would tune in discover what the Jindal eligibility issue is truly about and set the record straight regarding the rhetoric that has been so pervasive online this past year or so.



Thank you for you time considering this matter.



Sincerely,



Zach Jones



PS – It probably wouldn’t be such a big mess because I have faith that Gov. Jindal would provide all the documentation necessary to make the determination of his eligibility. Easy – no lawsuits, no worry among the troops about if they are following ‘unlawful order’, everyone could rest easy.



Note to Readers:



I am sending this letter by email or other means to the following people hoping to get some response:



Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, The Republican National Committee, Philip Berg, Leo Donofrio, Stephen Pidgeon, and Mario Apuzzo, Dr. Orly Taitz, and a few others in the coming days. (Dr. Orly Taitz’s site is frequently under cyber attack these days because of the efforts she’s making, so I’m not going provide her link.)



I hope readers will take it upon yourself to forward this letter, my question, or your own letter/questions to your local/national talk radio personalities, your lawyer/judge friends and family, state election officials, military friends and family, State and Congressional Representatives, maybe your local FBI, Attorney General, etc. Anyone you can think of! Post it wherever you like. Or, hold on to it and send it to your state election officials in 2011 before the 2012 candidates try to get their names on the ballot!



Wouldn’t it be nice to have this discussion and answers about Gov. Jindal’s eligibility before the next Presidential Election?



Take care!